Thursday, October 22, 2009

65: Your blog makes me smile :)

Hi Girls!

I woke up this morning to a lovely tag from Glittermillie (Sarah). She always has these great tags to play with :D So without further ado I'm going to try this and tag a few people too.

The rules from Millie's blog are that I have to post a song that makes me a smile and then award the blogs that make me smile and tell you why.


I think I'm a bit weird. I like very sarcastic and awkward things and one of my favourtie tv shows is 30 Rock. For their 3rd season finale Jack learns that his could-be-dad needs a kidney but he himself is not a match so instead he uses his power as CEO to call in various recording artists to come up with a benefit called Kidney Now! Near the end of the show all the singers get together and sing a tribute song to Milton Greene (Jack's dad). This song is so funny and it ALWAYS makes me smile. I hope you guys enjoy it too!



Sometimes life brings pain and strife
And all seems wrong
That is when you find a friend
And write a song

Give the gift of giving
Give it far and give it wide
Take the leap - reach down deep inside

And just give a kidney
To a father or a dad
Just give a kidney
We hear it doesn’t really hurt that bad

And we know you’ll want to give it
To a super human being
So get it done
We just need one
For Milton Greene

This country has six hundred million kidneys
And we really only need half
That leaves about three hundred million kidneys
Do the math

Milton Greene Milton Greene
Milton Greene Milton Greene
Milton Greene

He needs a kidney

Milton Greene
Don’t ask why - he could die
If you don’t call today

Listen, when someone starts talking in the middle of a song you know it’s serious. So give Milton a kidney. We all believe in this cause so much we’re doing it for free. Except for Sheryl. That’s right. I’m the only one getting paid. And only three of us are drunk. Milton Greene needs a kidney. Just like I need this beard. You don’t want to see what’s under here. And while you don’t have two beards you do have two kidneys. Think of it this way: if I had two dollars, I’d give you one, wouldn’t I? I’m one of the drunk ones!

They say that two is better than one
But sometimes one is better than two
If you had two heads you’d wish you had one
How is this different?
If you had two dogs attacking you
You’d want just one
There I proved my point!

Milton Greene Milton Greene
Milton Greene Milton Greene
Milton Greene

He needs a kidney

Milton Greene
Don’t ask why - he could die
If you don’t call today

He needs a kidney
No he doesn’t need a hand
He just needs a kidney

A hand would be an even harder thing to give

When you give a kidney
And we really think you should
We pass the cup
They stitch it up
You do some good

We pass the cup
They stitch it up
You do some good

We pass the cup
They stitch it up
You do some good

Sorry for being so weird lol. Now I would like to re-tag Millie from http://glittermillie.blogspot.com/if she's interested in doing it again because I want her to know that her blog makes me smile! I love reading about her polishes and kitties :)

I would like to tag Wan from http://ilovenailpolish.blogspot.com/ because she has the coolest polishes and makes great and easy to follow tutorials. And of course she's a CANADIAN sista xx

I also want to tag KAE KAE from http://thehungryasian.blogspot.com/ because I love the names she creates for her frankens! and also she's a fellow HK maniac!

And last but not least I would like to tag LUCY! Happy Birthday Lucy.. Hope you have a great one :D

xx

Joyce

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce! Thank you so much for tagging me, you make me smile too! I did not watch the 30 rock season premiere last week, aaaah! And now I'm about to miss another tonight bleh lol. Don't work too hard, and eat more ice cream! (random I know)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this show. I've missed the new season so far. I will catch up with it soon.

    ReplyDelete